Thursday, May 3, 2012

"Dreamhouse Kings Book 6: Frenzy" by Robert Liparulo

The last book in the series always brings a little bit of apprehension... Will things work out like I am hoping they will? Will I get to the final book only to think the ending is disappointing? How can the author possibly resolve all of the questions?
Let me get right to the meat of this review: this was not the dramatic conclusion I was hoping for. It ended a little anticlimactically, in my opinion. The author admits that he hopes to use the King family in future books, so I can't blame him for not acting like we'll never hear from them again. But still! The ending was just kind of...abrupt.
The good news is (as you can tell by the front cover image) they find Mom! (Which has been the mission of the King family since book 1). There is a really awesome scene where the King family is at the time of the crucifixion of Jesus. But even then, it's sad that they don't realize at first Who it is carrying the cross (until Jesus calls David by name)... If I were traveling through time and came across a man carrying a cross, Jesus would be my first thought! Again, no overtly Christian themes in the book. But I appreciate that Mr. Liparulo included the scene of the Via Dolorosa.
I would gladly read more books about the King family and their travels through time, but I'm glad to reach the end of Book 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment