Saturday, May 7, 2011

"Rooms" by James L. Rubart

This book was 100 times more than what I had hoped for. It is the exact kind of Christian Fiction novel I have been waiting for since Frank Peretti's "The Visitation." Rubart writes for more than just thrills; he writes to make a point and to help us grow as Christians.
There are too many lessons to be learned from this book than I could list here, but here's a short sample: the power of prayer, the lure of materialism, the deceit of our own heart, forgiveness, making the right choices, Godly friendship, true joy, and the amazing gift of salvation.
The story centers around a young software tycoon who inherits a house on the beach from his great uncle. But all is not what it seems....
This book impacted me so tremendously, I'm not even going to try to describe it or critique it. (Sure there were probably a few things I could pick out if I wanted to super-critical, but I refuse to focus on the minor negatives)
GO BUY THIS BOOK RIGHT NOW. You need it. I know I sure did. I made an earlier reference to "The Visitation" by Frank Peretti. That book influenced my life so profoundly I read it over a dozen times.
I have no doubt that I will be reading "Rooms" again.
10 out of 5 stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment